Egypt international Mohamed Salah has been ranked in fifth place on a list compiled by CIES Football of the most valuable football players in the world.
The CAF Men's Player of the Year comes in behind Paris Saint-Germain's teenage star Kylian Mbappé, Harry Kane of Tottenham Hotspur, Brazilian star Neymar and Manchester City's Raheem Sterling.
Salah scored 44 goals and chipped in with 18 assists for club and country in 2018.
Reds teammate and Senegal international Sadio Mane is the second placed African on the list, 14th overall with a transfer value of €137.4 million according to CIES.
Top 10 as per CIES:
1. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) - €218.5m
2. Harry Kane (Tottenham) - €200.3m
3. Neymar (PSG) - €197.1m
4. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) - €185.8m
5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) - €184.3m
6. Paulo Dybala (Juventus) - €171.9m
7. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - €171.2m
8. Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United) - €162.0m
9. Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona) - €157.0m
10. Leroy Sane (Manchester City) - €156.1m